Peak 90’s Nostalgia is ongoing, and we are here for it!
. 1. You still prefer the animated Lion King. And cry over Mufasa’s death. Sob!
2. You’ve still kept some of your old DVD’s and ::gasp:: VHS tapes…because, why not?!
- You sneak a piece of your kid’s playdough and give yourself ‘those talons.’ (And then proceed to play with them!)
- Ice-cream still conjures up images of Igloo and Polka. Ah, the good ol’ days…
- You know what ‘thaili wali drink’ means. Yes, it was a thing!
- You look at a picture of the Hanson boys as adults and go, ‘whaaaaa?!’ (After you do the mandatory, ‘mmm-bop’ of course!)
- Pakola is still your all star drink! Bonus points if you remember the jingle, ‘hara hara Pakola…ice-cream soda!’
- You can’t help but sing along to the theme tunes of shows like Friends or Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
“…or even your yeeeeeaaarr”
“‘…how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air”
- You remember what Devil’s Point’ was. The memories!
- Going to Pizza Hut or Copper Kettle was an EVENT! You dressed up and everything!
- You remember what a Slam Book is! (And the hours spent on it!)
- ’10 years ago’ STILL means the 80’s and not the 2010’s! Weren’t we just rocking out to Top of the Pops and watching Alf?!
- You’re still trying to figure out the bit after ‘Ni heeray, ni heeray’ in Junoon’s song and just end up going, ‘chicki bak di chici na nooo…”
- And on the same gravy train, you also obsess over what the Spice Girls meant when they sang, ‘zig a zig aaaahhh.’
- Your heart still goes on and you curse Rose for not letting Jack on to the damn door!
- The name ‘Nickleodeon’ still means something to you. Nick forevaaa!
- You simply can’t say the phrase ‘Can’t touch this’ in ANY context, without breaking into MC Hammer’s hit tune. (And sometimes, dance. Don’t judge.)
- You look at MTV now and wonder, ‘where did the actual music videos go?!’
- You’re still Team Brenda or Team Kelly. (P.S. Team Brenda, all the way!)
- You’ve still got THAT pair of jeans in stashed away in your wardrobe somewhere. You know the one…
- You still stop and watch 10 Things I Hate About You and She’s All That any time they re-run on telly. Ah, the feels!
- You get nostalgic just thinking about the hours spent on Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Sonic and Super Mario Bros…Where did the time go?!